Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Dye-mania

All though I should be reading for yet another exsam I haven´t been able to keep away from the dyeing pots. Mikkel and I (and friends) are going on a market in the middle of July and I wanted to bring different things to sell. My friends Janni and I have decided that we are going to show natural dyening and the yarns can then be used for embroidery and nalebinding. The picture below is some of the colours that I have produced so far. I´m quite happy with the result and it have been quite easy to make. I have been woundering if I/Janni and I should make a small texts about plant dyening that people could purchase. There is often a large interest when we do this kind of thing and a lot ask how we do it.

The plantes that I have use for these colours are (from the left):
- Walnut (the browns - 1. and 2. colour bath)
- Madder (the reds - 1. and 2. colurs bath)
- Birch (the greens and the bright yellow - the greens have been treathed with iron, and taken up at different time in the colour bath, the yellow is 1. colour bath)
- Goldenrot - (the light yellow - 1. colour bath)
The white is the original wool yarn

These small duckets are 50 m yarn and would be relly good for embroidery and very fine knitting. I´m dyening on three differnt types of embroidery yarns and one silk, and have also plans on dyening some more normal yarns for knitting and nalebinding.

5 comments:

slingerbult said...

Åh, detta är superfint! Så vackra och klara färger!
Vad är Goldenrot på dansk? (eller svenska om du vet)

Racaire said...

lovely colors! :)

Louise Schelde said...

Slingerbult..den plante jeg har brugt hedder gul rude på dansk (og tror nok den hedder Goldenrot på engelsk)

Janni Blank Wedderkopp said...

Ser super flot ud Louise :-)

Laren said...

The colours are wonderful!