Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dyeing in the fall

As Mikkel wrote in the last post the Handkraft team have been at two medieval events this October. The two events made it possible for me to do some dyening. At Vitskøl monestary we dyed with madder and mushroms, and at Spøttrup Castle we continued dyeing with madder. Have brought differnt types of yarns which you can see had a great impact on the results of the colours. We also dyed fabric but pictures of this will be saved for another post - this was mostly Mikkels project and I´m sure that he will show it to you later.

From left to right. Light grey yarn in 2. colourbath, white yarn in a bath made with mushrooms, the two next are white yarn in 3. colourbath, a light grey yarn in 3. colourbath, three next is different white yarns in 3. colourbath, and the last is a white yarn in 2. colourbath.

I rally love the colurs that we made. I made sure to make a lot of the really thin embroidery yarn, so that I can experiment with overdyening them with either yellows, greens or indigo. I have tried that in a small scale, with much succes. So now I want to dye some more yarn that I can use or sell.

3 comments:

  1. Fruktansvärt snygtt alltså! Som ljung- eller syrenblommor det mittersta, å som gamla hantverks- sårskorpor det längst till höger :)
    De gör sig väldigt bra ihop också färgerna, ingen som stöter sig med någon annan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja, det er det dejlige med plantefarvning - at alle farver passer sammen.

    ReplyDelete